Friday, September 16, 2016

A Song For the 16th of the Month: "Sweet Sixteen” by Billy Idol

Here's my salute to songs with numbers in them. Every day this month, I'll select a song with the number of the month in the title.

To celebrate the 16th day of the month, I had a few tracks to choose from. I was thinking about “Only Sixteen” by Sam Cooke or “Sixteen Tons” by Tennessee Ernie Ford, but I think I’ll go with “Sweet Sixteen,” one of the minor hits for ‘80s rocker Billy Idol. It’s a beautiful song by a slightly underrated singer (IMO) who started out with the Punks but had the chops to cross over to the Pop charts where he channeled a lot of ‘50s and ‘60s Rock and Roll in his vocal style.



What songs do you like with "Sixteen" in the title? Leave ideas in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment