Thursday, December 11, 2008

Vintage Web: The Battle of the Sexes Goes On

Here are two interesting articles on love, dating, and marriage in our modern times:

The Telegraph has a piece on what they call The Toxic Wife. She married for money, and now that hubby no longer has any (because of the Global Economic Meltdown), she has no reason to pretend to love him or stick around.

An article in the City Journal (fast becoming one of my favorite reading destinations) focuses on Love in the Time of Darwinism aka the Post-Feminist dating scene. I don't agree with everything in it, but it's a good read.

Both of these articles focus on the female half of the population. I haven't read a lot of articles on this topic that focus on men, but I am working on an essay on the subject and will post it soon.

1 comment:

  1. I have found your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with in valuable information... Regards
    security equipment

    ReplyDelete